What are NOVATHREADS?
They are hypodermic needles preloaded with a PDO absorbable suture.
- Natural results
- No surgery, No pain
- Lunchtime procedure
- Uncontested for Neck & Jawline (but not limited to)
PDO absorbable suture?
- It’s a synthetic absorbable surgical suture composed of polydioxanone. PDO sutures are used to perform cardiothoracic surgery (such as open-heart surgery). It’s one of the safest materials to be implanted in the body.
- Your skin fully absorbs it within 4 to 6 months & won’t leave you with any scar tissue.
How does it work?
It’s amazingly simple, actually!
In medical terms “Selective Inflammatory Response”, it is the principle behind a lot of aesthetic procedures (such as Fractional Laser, Chemical Peels & MicroNeedling). Our skin is very good at repairing itself, and by inserting NOVATHREADS we make it heal itself by creating new collagen, naturally!
Your skin gently reacts to the inserted threads
- Yes, PDO is fully absorbable, but that doesn’t mean your skin won’t react to it. During the 4 to 6 months needed to fully absorb the PDO suture, your skin is also repairing itself around it.
- It’s “controlled healing” happening underneath the skin!
Mesh or Lift?
The first one, called the NuMesh, consists of creating a mesh under the skin (i.e. 2 sutures inserted vertically & 3 sutures horizontally). Sort of like a #hashtag, or a net. This Mesh will serve as the foundation for our new collagen production.
The NuMesh tightens the skin naturally from within. Results appear naturally, without any drastic change!
The other technique, called the NuLift is utilized to produce a more dramatic and immediate result. The PDO sutures have “barbs&rdquo or “cogs”, which provide a grip underneath the skin. Sutures are inserted the same way, except they can be pulled in 1 or 2 directions, creating an instant skin repositioning. Just like the NuMesh, the skin will then build new collagen which will secure the lift!
No cuts or incisions.
The NovaThreads are needles that are pre-loaded with a PDO thread. Simply insert the whole needle in the interstitial tissue at subdermal level, parallel to the surface of the skin, & pull the needle out.
The PDO thread remains under the skin.
Restoring the V-Shape
A beautiful and healthy face has a “V-shape”. With the ageing of tissues and the action of gravity, this “V-shape” diminishes or inverts. The idea behind the Nu-Mesh and the Nu-Lift technique is to either create a scaffolding in order to support the tissues and keep them in the “V-shape” or where necessary to delicately lift the tissues and reposition the skin to recreate the “V-shape&rdquo where it’s been lost.
Neck & Jaw
Although NOVATHREADS can be inserted almost anywhere, one area where they are especially effective is the neck and jawline. The lower third of the face is challenging to treat effectively with botulinum toxin or injectable fillers, which are most effective in the upper and middle third of the face, respectively.