Morpheus8 is a fractional skin treatment that stimulates collagen production of the underlying layers of the dermis. By targeting the deeper layers of the skin, the building blocks will reorganize themselves in a natural anti-aging process.
What areas can be treated?
Morpheus8 can be used on any areas that can benefit from sub-dermal renewal. The most commonly treated areas include the lower face and neck. Areas of the face and body that exhibit wrinkles, discoloration or acne scarring are suitable for treatment. Depending on your Morpheus 8 treatment regime you can expect to have between 1-3 sessions.
Learn More at InMode
Frequently Asked Questions About Morpheus8
How quickly will I see results?
Visible results can be seen within a few days, but typically after three weeks the most noticeable results appear. Improvements continue up to three months after treatment.
What is the benefit of fractionated energy?
Fractionated RF skin tightening energy is a scientifically proven method to reduce wrinkles and rebuild collagen and fat. It is minimally invasive, using a matrix of micro pins to renew deeper layers of the skin with almost no patient downtime. The benefit of Morpheus8’s color blind technology is that it can be used on all skin types. The unique properties allow even darker tones to be treated.
What is the benefit of RF energy?
RF energy heats the deep layers of the skin in a controlled way to revitalize the collagen. The treatment will improve skin complexion and texture for a more radiant and youthful appearance.
What should I know before treatment?
- Avoid skin irritation or intentional skin tanning. Sunscreen is advisable when outdoors during daylight hours.
- Please let your provider know if you have a history of cold sores (Herpes Simplex) if you are being treated around your mouth.
- Clean, shaved area should you have long and dense hairs in the area being treated, these could prevent proper contact with your skin.
What should I know the day of treatment?
- For increased comfort during the procedure please take Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) 800MG 1 hour prior to your treatment. Please enjoy a normal breakfast or lunch before taking any medications.
- No lotions, makeup or other topical products on your face before your procedure.
What kind of post-procedure care is required?
- Patients should moisturize the treatment area and avoid direct sun exposure. It is also recommended that patients use a good, broad-spectrum sunscreen every day. In addition to reducing their future risk of skin cancer, sunscreens also reduce wrinkles and slow the aging process.
- Since patient downtime is minimal, makeup can be applied 1 to 2 days after the treatment. Patients should expect to see micro lesions a few days after treatment and slight redness for up to 1 week depending on treatment parameters.
- Immediately after your treatment:
- The skin will be red and flushed, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn, for 12 hours to 3 days.
- You may also experience mild swelling, tightness, and/or mild peeling.
- Redness & swelling are temporary and typically resolve within 1-3 days.
- It is common to notice pinpoint marks from the microneedle that usually last about one week but in rare cases can last several weeks.
- DO NOT apply make-up or sunscreen for at least 6 hours after your treatment.